Baked Bison Hickory Sausage & Artichoke Dip
Try this twist on a great appetizer by adding hickory smoked bison sausage. It brings tortilla or pita chips to life. Or try dipping pretzel rods for a crunchy alternative.
- Prep Time:
- 15 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 20 Minutes
- 1 bison hickory smoked sausage link, ¼ inch diced
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (packed)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts packed in water, well drained, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, oregano, pepper, and garlic until blended.
- Stir in chopped artichoke hearts and diced bison sausage, and then transfer mixture into a small casserole dish. (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover mixture and refrigerate).
- Bake dip until heated through, about 20 minutes (30 minutes if chilled).
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle dip with remaining tablespoon of parmesan cheese and paprika. Broil until cheese melts.
- Serve with tortilla chips.