Best Ever Bourbon BBQ Sauce
This savory glazing sauce works really well on any grilled bison meat. It has a nice sweet smoky flavor and caramelizes to a crusty texture. You can make it up to one week in advance and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. However, we have to admit limited success with the make-ahead option, because it seems to disappear long before we get to use it…
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 cups ketchup
- ½ cup mild flavor molasses
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ Spanish onion, finely diced
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to simmer and cook uncovered until sauce thickens and flavors blend.
- This takes about an hour. Stir frequently while cooking to avoid sticking or burning the bottom of the pan.
- Use immediately or chill in sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week.