Bison Beer and Cheddar Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and Onions
The perfect bite will yield crunchy sauerkraut and sautéed onions with spicy mustard. This is a brat lover’s dream recipe.
- Prep Time:
- 15 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 10 Minutes
- 5 beer and cheddar bison bratwursts
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 package refrigerated sauerkraut, rinsed and drained well
- 5 whole wheat hoagie buns
- Whole grain mustard to taste, if desired
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add bratwurst, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until sausages have reached an internal temperature of 160°, or 5-7 minutes.
- Add butter to a non-stick pan, and set heat to high. Sautee onions until browned, then add sauerkraut, and continue to cook until warmed through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove bratwurst from water, and place in buns. Top with sauerkraut and onion mixture.
- Dress with your favorite whole grain or ball park mustard.