Bison Breakfast Nachos
When the old fried eggs and toast are getting a little old, try this. This is great for brunch or for people who just want something a little different for breakfast.
- Prep Time:
- 20 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 10 Minutes
- 1 lb. ground bison
- ¾ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon ground thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 8 large eggs, cracked and whisked together
- Avocado, sliced for garnish
- 6 oz. shredded Cotilla cheese, a mature grating cheese originally from Jalisco and Morelia Mexico. (You can use Colby cheese if unable to find Cotilla)
- 1 bag of your favorite Tortilla Chips
- Season ground bison with garlic, chili powder, coriander, cumin, thyme, and salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, until the meat has crumbled, and cooked throughout, about 5-8 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, and celery into a mixing bowl. Stir in lime juice. Set aside.
- Add whisked eggs to a non-stick skillet, and cook on medium-high heat, until they are just about done, but still a little sloppy. Turn off stove, and sprinkle cheese over the top of the eggs evenly, and stir just until the cheese starts to melt. Remove from stove.
- Assemble the plate in layers. Start with a handful of your favorite tortilla chips, then add a spoonful of the seasoned ground bison, top with the scrambled eggs and cheese, and finish with the vegetable topping.
- Garnish with the sliced avocados and enjoy!