Bison Chateaubriand with Horseradish Butter Sauce
Tender chateaubriand meets the tangy bite of pure horseradish for an rich, kicky flavor combination.
- Prep Time:
- 7 min
- Cook Time:
- 1 bison chateaubriand
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 3½ tbsp. horseradish, drained (not creamed)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Pat chateaubriand dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking. Cook for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Transfer meat to roasting pan, and place in preheated oven to finish cooking for 8 minutes.
- After removing skillet from heat, immediately add butter and horseradish, stirring and scraping up any brown bits.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, and spoon butter sauce over chateaubriand before slicing.