Bison Green Pepper Burgers
Finely dice the green peppers and onions. Mix well to incorporate all the ingredients and spices. This recipe has so much flavor no salt is needed.
- Prep Time:
- 5 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 10 Minutes
- 1 lb. ground bison
- ½ cup finely diced green pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced yellow onion
- ½ tsp. granulated garlic
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 4 whole wheat burger buns
- Preheat grill.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients, and form into 4 patties.
- Lightly spray, or coat, the outside of the burgers with olive oil to prevent sticking to the grill surface.
- Grill on a charcoal or gas grill, on the first side, until the juices just start to come through. Turn and cook to desired doneness (160°F. internal temperature).
- Let burgers rest for 5-10 minutes to allow the juices to settle back into the meat.
- For a special touch, top with your favorite salsa and a dash of hot sauce for a little KICK!