Bison NY Strip Steak With Ginger Lime Marinade
Marinating is the best way to bring out the flavor of great cuts of meat. The NY Strip is is fabulous cut of bison, especially when combined with this very special marinade of Brown Ale, fresh ginger and limes.
- Prep Time:
- 6 Hours
- Cook Time:
- 20 Minutes
- 1 (12oz.) bottle of honey brown ale
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- Juice from 2 limes
- ½ medium red onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp. Tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 4 (8oz.) Bison NY strip steaks
- Whisk brown ale, sugar, lime juice, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, oil, ginger, and Tabasco sauce in large bowl to blend.
- Place thawed strip steaks in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over steaks.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight, turning steaks at least once to fully marinate.
For NY Strip Steaks:
- Preheat cast iron skillet on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the first side of the steaks on high heat for 5 minutes, and then turn and cook for an additional 3 minutes, reducing heat to medium high.
- Remove from pan, and let steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to settle back into the meat.
- Serve with your favorite side dish. Enjoy!