Bison Red Curry
Taste what happens when bison takes on the taste of Asia. Curry, coconut, and yellow peppers co-mingle with bison sirloin atop jasmine rice—make sure you have leftovers for the next day!
- Prep Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time:
- 20 minutes
- 1 pound bison sirloin steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup sliced red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- Naan (optional)
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Cook bison sirloin steak pieces in hot oil for 5 minutes to brown on all sides. Remove bison sirloin steak pieces from pan. Add coconut milk, broth, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Whisk in curry paste. Bring mixture to boiling; boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper, carrot, mushrooms, and green beans. Continue to boil gently for 5 to 7 minutes more or until vegetables are just tender and sauce has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Stir in bison sirloin steak pieces and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in the 1/3 cup basil.
- Serve over jasmine rice. If desired, serve with naan.