Bison Taco Dip
Our taco dip recipe is easy to prepare ahead of time or to throw together at the last minute. Fun as an appetizer served with crisp tortilla chips or a make your own wrap with flour shells.
- Prep Time:
- 20 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 5 Minutes
- 1 lb. ground bison
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp. coriander (optional)
- 1 (16 oz.) can re-fried beans
- 1 (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1 pkg. 30 % less sodium taco seasoning mix
- 3 medium avocados
- 1 tsp.chili powder
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ jar mild taco sauce
- 16 oz. mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (3 oz.) can chopped green chilies
- 3 oz. black olives, chopped
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- 1-1½ cup tomatoes, chopped
Bison Meat Directions:
- Sauté ground bison in a skillet over medium-high heat until cooked and crumbled, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, granulated garlic, and coriander (optional) until blended. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix beans with sour cream and taco seasoning. Spread bean mixture evenly on the bottom of a baking or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle bison meat over bean mixture.
- Mash avocados with chili powder, onion, pepper, and garlic. Dollop avocado mixture over the beans and meat.
- Mix together the taco meat, taco sauce, cheese, green chilies, olives, scallions, and tomatoes. Spread over the avocado layer.
- Serve with tortilla chips.