Char-Grilled Bison Ribeye Steak with Creamed Corn and Spinach
Seasoned simply with olive oil, garlic and a bit of pepper to taste, we pair bison ribeyes with a delicious blend of sweet creamed corn and fresh spinach.
- Prep Time:
- 35 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 10 Minutes
- 4 (9oz.) Bison ribeye steaks
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ears of sweet corn, kernels cut off the cob
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 package fresh spinach for salad
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
To Make Char-Grilled Bison Ribeye:
- Preheat charcoal grill one hour before you want to start cooking. Coals should be ash gray and glowing red. Brush grid well to remove charred remains from previous cookouts.
- Coat steaks well with olive oil on both sides, rubbing into muscle. Season both sides well with garlic, and salt and pepper. Let bison steaks set 15-20 minutes before cooking to allow seasonings and oil to form a seasoned film.
- Place steaks on grill, and turn often to prevent burning. If flare-ups occur, snuff fire with grill lid. Cooking time for a 1" boneless bison steak over direct heat should be about 4-5 minutes per side. If doneness is in doubt, cut into steak to see if it is done to your desired degree.
- Steaks should rest on a platter in a warm place 10-15 minutes before eating to let the juices redistribute through the meat.
To Make Creamed Corn and Spinach:
- Place sweet corn kernels and butter into deep stewing pot on stove over high heat.
- Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring often, to prevent burning.
- Add spinach all at once, stir twice, and then add heavy whipping cream. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often, and then turn off heat.
- Season to taste with salt and black ground pepper.