Italian Layered Salad with Bison Pepperoni
An fresh way to turn an ordinary glass bowl into a spectacular side dish. The secret is in the layering, the peppers, the fennel, and, of course, the bison pepperoni.
- Prep Time:
- 20 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 1 8-ounce package bison sausage with pepperoni seasoning, chopped
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1 1/2 cups cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- In the bottom of a 3-quart clear bowl place 3 cups of the romaine. Layer in the following order: tomatoes, bell peppers, fennel, the remaining 3 cups romaine, the mozzarella cheese, and bison sausage with pepperoni seasoning. Spoon Basil-Sour Cream Dressing over salad. Serve immediately or cover tightly and chill for up to 24 hours before serving.