Mediterranean Style Roasted Bison Filet Mignon Steaks
Take the gourmet flavor of our premium tenderloin to a whole new level by adding the full-bodied flavor of a portobello mushroom and the rich Mediterranean zest of roasted red peppers and goat cheese.
- Prep Time:
- 15 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 20 Minutes
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 (6oz.) bison filet mignon steaks
- Rosemary, ground
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 (7.25oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 8oz. goat cheese
To Make Roasted Bison Filet Mignon Steaks:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a 12-inch heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron), heat 1½ tablespoons oil over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking. Sear half of steaks until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer steaks to a shallow baking pan. Sear remaining steaks in remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in same manner. When steaks are just cool enough to handle, sprinkle with rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast steaks in the middle of the oven, about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Turn down oven to 350°F., and transfer bison steaks from oven to platter; keep warm.
To Make Portobello Mushrooms with Goat Cheese and Seasoned Roasted Red Peppers:
- Rub mushrooms with olive oil, and toss with green onions. Arrange mushrooms, rounded side down, in a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with salt and pepper, and bake until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer mushrooms to platter with bison steaks. Divide goat cheese into four (2oz.) portions, and fill mushroom caps.
- Garnish with roasted red peppers, and top with bison steaks.