Montreal Steak Spice Marinade
There is a reason this famous steak spice is tried and true. It works!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4-6 cloves of chopped garlic or 2 heaping tbsp. of prepared minced garlic
- ¼ cup of Montreal steak spice (or something similar)
- 1 tbsp. of dry red wine
- 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- Zest of and juice of 1 large lemon (or use an orange in a pinch)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place steaks in one layer in a shallow baking dish or in sealable food storage bags.
- Pour marinade over steaks evenly to ensure the surface is covered.
- Cover the casserole tightly with plastic wrap or seal food storage bags.
- Place on the middle rack of refrigerator. If you are using food storage bags, lay them flat on the rack.
- Halfway through the marinating process, turn the steaks over in the casserole dish, or turn over the food storage bags to ensure both sides of the steaks have equal exposure to the marinade.
- To cook, remove steaks from marinade and place on a clean plate.
- To ensure your food safety, discard all of the marinade. Do not save or reuse it.