Pan Seared Bison Filet Mignon with Hearty Vegetables
For a quick and easy dinner that is simple to prepare and a joy to eat.
- Prep Time:
- 10 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 35 Minutes
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 4 (6oz.) bison filet mignon steaks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 red skinned potatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken or cut into flowerets, stem discarded
- 1 head of broccoli, broken or cut into flowerets, stem discarded
To Make Pan Seared Bison Filet Mignon:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bring 6 to 8 quarts of salted water to a boil while preparing bison steaks.
- Mix flour, cornstarch, and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Sprinkle bison steaks with salt and pepper, and then dredge steaks in flour mixture (do not shake off excess).
- Preheat skillet on high for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil, and immediately add bison steaks. Reduce heat to medium high, and sear first side for 4 minutes, and second side for 3 minutes to reach medium rare. Remove from pan and keep warm.
To Make Roasted Red Skinned Potatoes and Broccoli & Cauliflower:
- Place potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl; toss well to coat.
- Preheat oven.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and tender. Turn off oven and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower and broccoli into boiling water, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Drain in colander, and serve with potatoes and bison steaks.