Pan Seared Bison NY Strip Steaks with Red Wine Sauce
A classic red wine sauce that is simply wonderful. Enjoy this recipe for years to come.
- Prep Time:
- 10 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 45 Minutes
- 4 (10oz.) bison NY strip steaks, thawed
- 1½ tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1½ tbsp. black, green, and pink freshly ground peppercorns
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 large shallots, minced
- 1 cup red wine
- Preheat cast iron skillet on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Cut through the fat along the backside of the steaks to prevent curling. Rub strip steaks with vegetable oil, and season with salt and tri-colored pepper.
- Cook the first side of the steaks on high heat for 5 minutes, and then turn and cook for an additional 3 minutes, reducing heat to medium high.
- Remove from pan, and set aside on warm platter. Let steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to settle back into the meat.
- Add butter, shallots, and peppercorns to cast iron skillet, and sauté until browned and caramelized. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Add red wine all at once, and lower heat to medium. Cook until wine is reduced by ¾ of volume, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve red wine sauce over pan fried NY strips and enjoy!