Bison Prime Rib with Chianti Sauce & Cipollini Onions
The bold combination of robust Chianti, smoky roasted onions, and tart cherry tomatoes provides the perfect pairing for tender bison prime rib.
- Prep Time:
- 30 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 3 Minutes
- 1 bison prime rib
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 10 Cipollini onions, ends and skin removed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, stems removed
- 1½ cup Chianti or any red wine
- 1½ cup water
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tsp. beef bouillon granules
- Preheat oven to 475°F for 30 minutes.
- While oven is preheating, season outside of prime rib with oil, and salt and pepper. Place prime rib in roasting pan, and put in preheated oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes, and then add onions. Continue roasting for an additional 15 minutes, and then reduce the oven to 200°F, and add cherry tomatoes.
- Continue to roast for 2 hours. Remove prime rib, onions, and tomatoes from oven and place on a platter.
- Place roasting pan on the stove top on medium to medium high heat, and pour the Chianti into the roasting pan. Using a wooden spoon, de-glaze the roasting pan by scraping all the brown pieces from the pan, cooking about 5 minutes.
- Pour wine and roasting juices from roasting pan carefully into a 4-quart sauce pan.
- Combine water and cornstarch until dissolved, and then add to roasting pan.
- Add bouillon to the sauce, stirring well. Bring sauce to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with sliced prime rib and roasted Cipollini onions and cherry tomatoes.