Sister Jackie’s Bourbon BBQ Sauce
A simple blend of ingredients that result in a wonderfully sweet, mouthwatering smoky BBQ sauce. Adds authentic southern flavor to any cut of meat.
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 60 Minutes
- 2 cups Heinz ketchup
- ½ cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ Spanish onion, finely diced
- Combine all ingredients in heavy large saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer, and cook uncovered until sauce thickens and flavors blend, stirring frequently, about 1 hour.
- The sauce can be made one week ahead. Cover and chill.