Sliced Bison Filet Mignon with Italian Green Beans
We've paired classic Mediterranean flavors with our juicy filets for a dish that's fresh, amazingly flavorful, and completely filling.
- Prep Time:
- 15 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 15 Minutes
- 4 (6 oz.) bison filet mignons
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Rosemary, ground
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pits removed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
To Make Bison Filet:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a 12-inch heavy skilled (preferably cast-iron) pan, heat 1½ tablespoons of oil over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking. Sear half of steaks until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a shallow baking pan.
- Sear remaining steaks in remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in the same manner. When steaks are cool enough to handle, sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Roast steaks in the middle of the oven, 8 minutes for medium-rare. Turn oven down to 350°F. Transfer steaks to platter and keep warm.
To Make Italian Green Beans and Grape Tomatoes:
- Cook beans in a 6-quart pot of boiling water, uncovered, until tender, 4-6 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, then transfer to a large bowl. Toss with oil, parmesan cheese, olives, and tomatoes. Season with pepper to taste.
- Slice bison, and serve with green beans and tomato mixture.