The Ultimate BBQ Bison Prime Rib Roast
Garlic and rock salt work in harmony to accent the juices in this succulent roast. Follow the simple directions and this roast will grill perfectly. At the table, it carves like a dream and has been known to earn a standing ovation for the grill-master.
- Prep Time:
- 5 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 60 Minutes
- One 3lb. bison prime rib roast (Fresh or fully thawed)
- 6 fresh garlic cloves roughly chopped (for roasting)
- Pre heat BBQ grill to HIGH.
- Mix salt and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Fully wet your hands with very COLD water.
- Press spice mixture into the entire surface of the meat.
- Sear roast on lightly oiled grill for 4 minutes each side to lock in juices.
- Remove roast and place on a platter.
- Cover the surface of the roast with the chopped garlic cloves.
- Return roast to BBQ and place on the TOP/UPPER grill with a roasting pan underneath on the lower grill to catch drippings.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast and allow to cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 130°F for rare or 140°F for medium rare.
- Move the roast directly to a cutting board, loosely tent with foil for 10 minutes to let juices settle. The internal temperature will increase another 10 degrees during this time.
- Carve with grain and serve.